To: All Academic Staff University of Rwanda
Subject:Exchange of Academic Staff
Area: Biotechnology and related sciences
The University of Rwanda in collaboration with Belgian Universities has received funding from the Academy of Research and High Learning (ARES “Académie de Recherche et Enseignement Supérieur”) former CIUF-CUD, for enhancing capacity in biotechnology fields and related sciences.
The Staff Exchange Program from South to North and North to South under Results R1 of the project is one of the strategic interventions for enhancing quality of teaching and research in University of Rwanda. The objective is to facilitate staff exchange in biotechnology or related sciences between University of Rwanda and Belgian Universities. It also provides opportunities to visiting lecturers to gain experience from the hosting institutions, and hence enrich their CVs.
The UR-ARES project’s coordination is pleased to issue this call for applications to all eligible academic UR-staff members to participate as visiting academics to Belgian Universities and vice-versa.
Participants in the Staff Exchange Program shall be permanent UR-academic staff members, at least at a Senior Lecturer level and holding a PhD degree in Biotechnology or related fields (e.g. medical sciences, agriculture, veterinary medicine, biology, and other life sciences).
How to apply
Eligible candidates should submit their applications via email to:
Dr. Laetitia Nyinawamwiza
Coordinator of the UR-ARES project,
Principal of College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (CAVM)
And to the Responsible of UR-ARES Results R1
Dr. Leon Mutesa
College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS)
The application should provide the following information:
(1) Application letter with name of the Belgian university and evidence of collaboration links approved by the Belgian partner
(2) Unit where the visiting lecturer is to be deployed
(3) Detailed Teaching Course/Research Activity that the visiting academic will undertake in the field of Biotechnology or related fields, and the proposed exchange program for the Belgian university at the UR.
(4) Work plan for the engagement, indicating the number of hours and period to be dedicated to each activity, which shall be approved by the applicant and the hosting university institution
(5) Detailed Curriculum Vitae of the applicant
Deadline for application: 5th December, 2014.
Duration of stay in Belgian University: 2weeks in March or April, 2015.