The College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (CAVM), University of Rwanda in collaboration with Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), is pleased to inform all interested and eligible candidates to apply for the following two year Master's programmes:
- MSc in Agricultural Engineering with specialization in Soil & Water Engineering
- MSc in Agriculture with specialization in Crop Sciences
- MSc in Animal Production
The programmes start on 25th January 2016.
1. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- An application letter for admission in the MSc programme
- Personal statement (Motivation) with atleast 100 words
- A filled in Form 5 (Application to enroll in a master at University of Rwanda). The form can be downloaded from the College webiste:
The form may also be collected from the office of Research and Postgraduate Studies at Busogo Campus (Room 346 or Room 340)
- Certified copy of Bachelor’s degree with Honors, First class or Upper Second class honors or its equivalent being issued by HEC for applicants studied abroad
- Certified copies of academic transcripts of undergraduate years
- A summary of Bachelor’s degree thesis
- A recommendation letter of current employer if applicable
- Two professional reference letters
- An updated CV
- A copy of the National Identity Card or Valid Passport
- Two recent passport photos
- A proof of payment of non-refundable application fee of 10,000 RwF, payable to the UR-CAVM Bank Accounts: 0094-0651931-40 (BK) or 00010-5044380-03-90 (I&M Bank)
The application must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar (UR-CAVM) at Busogo campus.
Online application can be made by sending all required documents to the registry office (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the:
- Dean of School of Agricultural Engineering and Environmental Management (Email: Sankara.email@example.com) for those applying for MSc in Agricultural Engineering with Specialisation in Soil and Water engineering
- Dean of School of Agriculture, Rural Development and Agribusiness (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for those applying for MSc in Agriculture with specialization in Crop Sciences
- Dean of School of Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (Email: email@example.com)
2. FEES AND PAYMENT STRUCTURE
- The tuition fee payable is: RWF 3,000,000.
- The application fees is: RWF 10,000.(Non refundable and paid during application)
The tuition fees shall be paid in installments on semester basis and in equal amounts. This means that the tuition fees will be paid in 4 installments (equivalent to four semesters).
2. Other required fees to be paid during registration
- Student Identity card fee: RWF 6,000. (Non-refundable)
- Student Life Insurance: RWF 9,000. (Non-refundable)
- Student Union Contribution: RWF 6,000. (Non-refundable)
- Caution Money: RWF 60,000. (Refundable)
All payments should be made through one of the UR-CAVM Bank Accounts: 0094-0651931-40 (BK) or 00010-5044380-03-90 (I&M Bank)
3. APPLICATION DEADLINE
Duly completed application should reach the office of the Registrar by 31st December 2015. Successful applicants shall be expected to report for orientation on 24th January 2016.
Eligibility criteria and Programme description for all the MSc programmes can be accessed at the college website:
1. MSc in Agricultural Engineering with specialization in Soil & Water Engineering: http://cavm.ur.ac.rw/?q=article/msc-agricultural-engineering-specialisat...
2. MSc in Agriculture with specialization in Crop Sciences:
3. MSc in Animal Production: http://cavm.ur.ac.rw/?q=article/msc-animal-production