The University of Rwanda has partnered with the Fojo Media Institute, Sweden, in a 4-year project to develop capacity for the School of Journalism and Communication (SJC). The University is seeking two (2) full-time qualified and experienced staff to plan, implement and monitor the project in coordination with the SJC and Fojo staff. The positions are as follows:
1. Programme Coordinator
2. Finance and Administrative Officer
SCOPE OF WORK
a) Programme coordinator:
To plan, implement and monitor the SJC part of the project – in cooperation with the management at SJC and under the project manager from Fojo Media Institute – in order to fulfil the expected outcomes as stated in the project proposal. This includes among other things:
a) local coordination of the programme including planning for all logistics involved in its implementation
b) prepare periodic narrative reports
c) follow up the project baseline and monitoring activities and organize the endline study
d) facilitating the management of project resource persons and networking with media stakeholders locally and abroad
e) support the implementation of all planned activites under the programme in collaboration with SJC/UR and Fojo
• A degree in Management or Business administration and Marketing, project management or the equivalent.
● Proven working experience with donor-funded programs especially in media or related sectors.
● Flexible, organized and sensitivity to deadlines.
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English.
● Knowledge of the media landscape in Rwanda is expected.
b) Financial and administrative Officer
To assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project locally, under the programme coordinator, in order to fulfil the expected outcomes as stated in the project proposal. This includes, but is not limited to:
a) financial accounting, management and reporting at regular intervals
b) bookkeeping, and proper file management in accordance with the agreed budget and time plan for the project
c) ensure effective administration and internal control of project resources (including inventorying)
d) facilitate procurement of all required project resources and payment for services rendered
e) facilitating all project audit procedures
f) assist the programme coordinator in all programme activities
● A degree in accounting, finance, business administration, project management or equivalent qualifications.
● Proven experience in accounting and financial management of projects.
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an asset.
● Good financial report writing skills.
Applicants should demonstrate their expertise in planning media-related project activities as well as experience in media development in Rwanda. Successful candidates should also be ready to start work immediately.
Please submit your applications with supporting documents (detailed CV, work testimonials and academic certificates) to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to receive applications is 15th November 2015 at 5.00 pm