Expression of interest is sought from people with a thorough understanding of the higher education sector and functioning of Universities, and substantial administrative experience, for the position of Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Institutional Development and Partnerships of the University of Rwanda.
Rwanda’s economy has grown at an average of 7.4% over the past 10 years. Correspondingly, the number of higher education students, which was standing at 2,500 just 20 years ago, has now risen to 87,164 today. A third of these are in the University of Rwanda, which is composed of six Colleges.
The overall aim of establishing the University of Rwanda was to transform the public higher education system, to improve the quality and efficiency of teaching, learning and research, and in the process, to create a world-class university.
The goals and objectives set out in the national plan are to increase access, promote equity, and ensure institutional diversity while promoting high-level research capacity. Quality higher education is essential to provide support for Rwanda’s economic transformation, and to attract and retain top quality personnel. Further information can be obtained from the website of the University of Rwanda on www.ur.ac.rw
Responsibilities of the DVC IDP, University of Rwanda
- Coordinating the activities in connection with the cooperation between UR and other higher learning institutions and other partners;
- Formulation of strategies for fund raising, including establishment of UR Foundation;
- Developing the follow-up program of cooperation between UR and the private sector;
- Planning, implementing and monitoring activities relating to public relations and UR publications programs;
- Coordinating all activities relating to institutional advancement, including development of an alumni data base
- To carry out any other activity in relation with his/her duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Vice Chancellor.
- Other duties as required by the Vice Chancellor.
The expression of interest including a covering letter and CV should be submitted to Mr. Pudence RUBINGISA, the Deputy Vice Chancellor in charge of Finance and Administration on firstname.lastname@example.org
with a copy to Prof. James McWha, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Rwanda on email@example.com. The closing date for expression of interest is 20th June 2015.
Note: Interested applicants who applied for the earlier advertised Vice Chancellor position may also apply for any of the above positions.
Done at Kigali, 20th April 2015.
This is a message from Professor James McWhaVice chancellor