Moi University is a Public University located in Eldoret, Kenya. The University offers world class training both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. As a result of successful application for World Bank funding during the Africa Center of Excellence II bidding by Eastern and Southern African States, the University is hosting the African Center of Excellence in Phytochemicals, Textile and Renewable Energy, ACEII-PTRE. The Center is, therefore, offering limited postgraduate scholarships for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) to highly deserving students on a competitive basis. The Center’s scholarships will be offered to both national and regional students in the following fields: Analytical Chemistry (MSc and PhD), and Materials & Textile Engineering (PhD). Doctorate (PhD) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months) while Masters (MSc) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of two years (24 months).
Only shortlisted candidates as per the following criteria will be considered:
• A minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalent in a Bachelor’s degree related to the field one is interested in. In case of PhD application, Master’s degree in a related field is a requirement.
• The candidate must meet minimum requirement for admission into Masters and PhD programmes as stipulated by Moi University Senate.
• All interested candidates must have a research concept paper in the intended area of study.
• Demonstration that one cannot afford to pay for his or her postgraduate programme will be a requirement.
• Proof of admission into the above stated programmes will be an added advantage.
The following candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarship: female, regional, disadvantaged, marginalized groups and candidates with disabilities.
The programmes are scheduled to start in April 2018. Eligible candidates interested in these programmes are invited to apply. All interested candidates can apply by filling in a scholarship form that can be downloaded from the Moi University website (www.mu.ac.ke) or can be obtained directly from the Center. The duly filled application form should be emailed so as to reach the Center not later than 7th March 2018. All applications should be filled and sent by email to the following address:-
The Center Leader
Africa Center of Excellence II
Phytochemicals, Textile and Renewable Energy (ACEII-PTRE)
P.O. Box 3900-30100
Email Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org