The newly elected students’ Union committee at Remera campus is part of the University of Rwanda Students Union (URSU). As has been the tradition and according to the University regulations every academic year a team of students’ leaders is elected into office, it is in that regard that new office bearers took an oath of office in a ceremony that was presided over by the Head of Remera campus Dr.Aline Umubyeyi who represented the Principal.
The new guild committee with the Remera campus management officials in a group photo.
In his inaugural remarks, the newly elected guild president Mr.Agaba Robert thanked the electorate for the trust entrusted upon him and on behalf of the committee he heads congratulated the out-going committee for what they achieved during their term of office and requested for further cooperation with all stakeholders to ensure the new team achieves its set objectives.
The Director of Campus Operations for Remera Campus Mr.Karamaga Charles gave his thanks to both committees and all those present and presided over an awarding ceremony of certificates of appreciation to the out-going committee members.
In her closing remarks, Dr. Aline Umubyeyi, Head of Campus thanked the students for organising peaceful guild elections and transition of authority and promised full support from the campus and university management to the incoming committee.
The new guild council committee members are:
1. AGABA ROBERT: GUILD PRESIDENT: 0781216143
2. IZABAYO ALINE: V/GUILD PRESIDENT: 0782746147
3. UMWARI DOREEN: SECRETARY: 0789231900
4. YABARAGIYE DAVID: PERMANENT AVISER OF GUILD PRESIDENT: 0784187500
BOARD OF SPEAKERS
1. KATABARWA ALEX: PRESIDENT: 0788257721
2. GASHEMA PIERRE: V/c PRESIDENT: 0787406369
3: AKIMANA JENNIFER: SECRETARY: 0784220315
1. FURAHA DONATH: Minister of Sports, Culture and Associations: 0726059023
2. MUGISHA EDUARD: Minister of Finance: 0788252299
3. DUKUZE NORBERT: Minister of Social, Environment and Health: 0781268520
4. WELCOME OLIVIER: Minister of Information: 0788378896
5. BWIZA FLAVIA: Minister of Gender and protocol: 0784112979
6. NIYITEGAKA RACHID: Minister of Production and Planning: 0786410069
7. MANYWA JOSEPH: Minister of Security: 0783000707
8. MUHAWENIMANA ETHIENE: Minister of disabilities: 0785479727
9. MUGISHA EMMANUEL: Minister of part time and evening : 0725579723
1. MUGABO JUSTUS : President : 0783951855
2. RUGAMBA ALCADE: Vice President: 0782814520
3. MUKANGARAMBE GRACE: Secretary: 0782742993
4. MUHIRWA DEUS: Commissioner: 0788480825
5. NYIRAHIRWA AMINAH: Commissioner: 07815346408
SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVE (C.E)
1. UWIZEYIMANA VIOLETTE: All schools: 0782530837
Dr. Aline Umubyeyi, the Dean of School of Public Health and head of Remera campus giving her remarks
Guild council Ministers sign besides their statements of oath
Mr.Agaba Robert(right)is the new guild president for Remera campus
One of the guild council members during the swearing in ceremony.